Translate


Sunday, October 26, 2014

Let's Play, "Name That Job Creator!" (UK Version)




"It's time to play, "Name that job creator". And here is your host, Trevor Clydesdale."








"Hello, hello. We have another great show for you this morning. Please welcome our first contestant from Liverpool, Myrtle Higby!"


(Applause)

"So tell us Myrtle, what do you do?"

" I runs me a Kool Aid shop, Trevor."

"Well, that sounds marvelous. Are you ready to play, "Name that Job Creator?"

"Yes."

"Here is your question. Which of the following is not a job creator? There may be more than one correct answer.

a The government
b The job fairy
c The stork
d The job tree
e Corporations and businesses

Tick  tick  tick  tick...

"Can I call me friend, Trevor?

"Yes, who is your friend?"

"Hillary Clinton. She is in Washington, she is."

"Yes, Myrtle, but you know it is 3 o'clock in the morning in Washington right now."

"Oh, no worries. Hillary says we can call any time."

"Uh, Very well"


"Hello. I can't take your call right now due to a nasty concussion I suffered recently, but if you leave your name and number, I'll try to get back to you in a few weeks. The message of the day is, "Corporations and businesses don't create jobs'. Have a nice day."




"I'll go with "e", Trevor. That's me final answer."

"Ohhhh, I'm sorry. That is quite wrong. The answer is a through d."

1 comment:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

The phrase "job creator" is itself fallacious. Corporations are not in business to create jobs. They are in business to make money, which means keeping costs as low as possible, and prices as high as possible. Among other things, keeping costs low means hiring as few people as they can possibly get away with. If a corporation creates jobs, that is purely incidental.