Translate


Thursday, October 15, 2020

Chasing the Ambulance Chasers





On Facebook, I get daily messages from a West Coast personal jury law firm soliciting clients. The replies are many and generally consist of questions like, "I was in an accident....", or "I got fired .." followed by the question, "Can you help me?" The replies from the law firm are generally, "I have sent you a personal message." I am omitting the name of the law firm because, after all, we are talking about lawyers here.

I have had some fun sending in replies with some outrageous scenarios like, "I shot my boss.....can you help me?".

Late last night, I noticed that there was a way to send my spoof, via Messenger, directly to the law firm, so late last night, after getting yet another Facebook blast from these people, I sent them this: (The below exchange occurred immediately after I sent it.)

Fousesquawk-I got stopped by a cop for driving 120 mph in a school zone. Can you get me off?

Law firm: The information disclosed in this conversation does not constitute or create a lawyer-client relationship.

We respect your privacy. Your personal information will only be supplied to the chosen business, who may contact you using modern phone equipment, which may include auto-dialers and text. Consent is not a condition for purchase or hire. Privacy Policy.

We may be able to help you with that. Do you mind explaining the situation in a bit more detail?

Fousesquawk- I was really only going 110 mph. I think the cop's radar gun wasn't calibrated right.

Law firm- I understand. Could you tell me where this took place; city and state?

Fousesquawk- Bullsnuts, West Virginia.

Law firm- Thank you for briefing me on the situation. Do you mind holding for a moment?

Thank you for holding. The lawyer best suited to assist you is unavailable to chat at the moment, but I can have someone from our legal team contact you as soon as possible.

What would be the best number for us to reach you?

Fousesquawk- Well, I don't have a phone at the moment. I threw it out the window when the pigs stopped me. I had some stuff on there I didn't want them to see.

Law firm- If you are more comfortable with email I could ask them to contact you that way.

Fousesquawk- No, My wife checks my email and she doesn't know anything about this.

Law firm- Are you sure you would not like to leave an email or a contact number just for future reference?

Fousesquawk- Tell you what. I'll call you guys.

Law firm- You can try contacting the office directly at (number omitted).

I am closing this chat session. If you require further assistance please contact us at any time.

Fousesquawk- Gotcha.

Law firm- Thank you again, and goodbye.

Fousesquawk- Goodbye.





No comments: