Monday, January 6, 2020

Netherlands: Saturday Night in the Hague

Hat tip Ben and Translation by Fousesquawk.

Photo from

Just another Saturday night in the Hague, the capital of the Netherlands, and a city thought by many to be dull. When a party held by the Eritrean community at a meeting hall was crashed by about 100 uninvited guests, the gendarmes were called and the party shut down. That was when things got out of hand.  We are working on sub-titling a video of the event. It is quite good with lots of (police) horsies and doggies biting people. It's even better than watching the Golden Globes. has a lot of good photos.

*Update: Here is the sub-titled video from De Telegraaf. Translation by Fousesquawk.

Hague police pelted with stones after Eritrean party shut down
by Richard van der Crommert
Updated 7 minutes ago, today 13:23 domestic

The Hague:

Several police officers were  pelted with stones Saturday evening after a disturbance broke out at an Eritrean party in a meeting hall on the Wegestraat (street) in the Hague. Four officers were injured. During the disturbance, 4 persons were arrested.

On Saturday evening, an Eritrean party at the Kristal meeting center was in progress, an administrator of the meeting hall told De Telegraaf Sunday evening. "The hall was hired out by us. We decided that the party would be halted. All the commotion took place outside the hall."

The Eritrean party was stopped after some visitors without tickets came inside. Visitors then turned against the police were who by then present. Several officers were pelted with stones after the party was stopped.

According to a police spokeswoman, around midnight, a report was received of a disturbance at an event. "A group of about 100 people to enter the party without tickets or security check. When they entered the party, security decided to end the event and to evacuate the room. The visitors with tickets  became angry at this and refused to leave the location."

Police report

After the report of the disturbance, the police responded to the location quickly. "A group of about 100 to 150 people did not want to leave the location and turned against the police.  There was destruction and stones and other objects were thrown at police, "added the spokeswoman. So four officers were lightly injured and one of them was treated in an ambulance at the scene. These officers are making their reports." 

 According to an eye witness several ambulances arrived at the scene to treat bitten rioters and an ill person. "One suspect, who was bitten in the leg, has been taken to the hospital", said the police.

The 4 arrested persons are still in custody. "The investigation is in full progress, more arrests cannot be ruled out."

Train ride under police supervision

Some of the removed visitors stayed around the Hague Central Station. There were no night trains there. To keep the visitors outside the station several officers blocked the Central Station hall.

Subsequently, the NS (Railways) arranged a train per request of the police to maintain peace. "The ride from the Hague Central to The Hague (Spoor) took place under police supervision. About 20-25 persons made use of it. From Holland (Spoor), people could continue to all destinations," said the spokeswoman of the NS.

No comments: