Translate


Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Juan Cole Agonistes: A Cross Post

Hat tip Middle East Forum and Campus Watch






As my regular readers know, University of Michigan comedian Juan Cole is one of my favorite piñatas, and a low-hanging piñata he is with his dopey writings in Informed Comment, dopier speeches, and his propensity for masquerading as a really smart guy..It's hard to miss even when writing blindfolded!

Cole is supposed to be an expert in Middle East affairs because it is his academic field, he is pro-Arab, and he hates Israel, which in my book makes him dubious by default. I mean this is a guy who wrote a book expounding on the personal virtues of the Prophet Mohammad! Just check out the title:

"Mohammad: Prophet of peace amid the clash of empires"



But enough of me; I want to cross-post here an article by friend and colleague Cinnamon Stillwell in Campus Watch, which unlike Captain Cole, presents real information when it comes to Middle East studies in academia. It pertains to Cole's venture into his latest field of "expertise", climate science, for which I have already taken him to task.

https://www.meforum.org/campus-watch/59319/juan-cole-michigan-pontificator-in-chief

So let's all hare it for Juan Cole. He is more entertaining that UMich's football coach, Jim Harbaugh (who is also a barrel of laughs).

No comments: