Translate


Thursday, November 1, 2018

Irvine Synagogue Defaced


Anti-Semitic graffiti is written on the Beth Jacob Congregation of Irvine on October 31, 2018 in Irvine, California. (Allen Berezovsky/Getty Images/AFP)
The Beth Jacob synagogue of  Irvine, California was defaced with spray paint during the early morning hours of October 31.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/california-synagogue-vandalized-with-f-jews-graffiti/

Below is a video of Rabbi Lee Weissman addressing the person (s) who did this.

https://www.facebook.com/lee.weissman.5/videos/10156170464618920/?hc_ref=ARRj2iwj1p_8RSWVwWzTqLiGsChzWPlEZDEQdpsICcd1JxN8jnmVqkcp9OMNJI_Ortk

I have met Rabbi Weissman. He has gone to extraordinary lengths to reach out to the local Muslim community, especially those who are students at UC Irvine. I will admit that I have criticized him for that, and we have discussed the matter. I do believe, however, that Rabbi Weissman has a good heart, and my sympathy goes out to him and his congregation. At this point, we don't know who did this despicable act, and I hope the person(s) responsible will be caught. 

No comments: