Translate


Thursday, June 11, 2015

Duquesne University Adjuncts Can Now Join the Steel Workers Union

Hat tip Campus Reform



"Ah wunnerful, ah wunnerful, ah."


Here is an "encouraging" piece of news out of Pittsburgh, where the regional office of the National Labor Relations Board has ruled that adjunct teachers at Duquesne University can join some adjuncts union under the Steelworkers of all people.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6574


Adjuncts working on their lesson plans

"You're new here, ain't ya, Buddy. Are you an apprentice?"

"No. I'm an adjunct."


Share their salary with students? Are these people smoking their socks? I wonder if this means that adjuncts will be forced to join a union. And a steelworkers union, no less. As a former resident of Pittsburgh, I didn't realize we still had steel mills in this country.

As an adjunct teacher at UC Irvine, I can tell you that the day they tell me I have to join some union is the day I quit.

PS: Note to Pope Francis: Mind your own business.

1 comment:

elwood p suggins said...

Since the Pope apparently favors unions, why don't the priests just form their own?? They could construct it just like they wanted to. I don't believe I ever heard of priests striking, but I guess they could if they unionized.