Translate


Friday, January 18, 2013

The Godmother Part 2


The Godmother


Sacramento, California

A long black limousine pulls up in front of the portal of the California State Capitol.  Out steps the Godmother, accompanied by the head of her West Coast operations, general all-around flunky, Fredo Villaraigosa, who also happens to be mayor of Los Angeles.



The two proceed to an upper floor conference room, where they are to meet the governor, Mo Brown.



As they enter the room, a band starts playing, and the Godmother is met by an unexpected sight.



Unsmiling, the Godmother asks Fredo, "What is this all about?"

"That's for you to find out," answers Fredo smiling.

"Get'em out of here," orders the Godmother.

Frustrated, Fredo turns to the men and orders them to leave.

"Allright, boys, get outta here, now-scram!"

"Where's Mo Brown?", asks the Godmother.

Just then, a smiling Mo Brown walks into the room, accompanied by his aides, and greets the Godmother.

"Godmother, welcome to Sacramento," Pointing to his aides, "Make sure they get the best room in town, free meals, whatever they need. Courtesy of the California tax-payers."

They all sit down at a table.

"How's your wife?" asks the Godmother.

Brown momentarily looks puzzled. "What wife? Oh yeah. She's fine. How's your husband?"

The Godmother momentarily looks puzzled. "What husband? Oh yeah. He's fine."

The pleasantries ended, the Godmother leans back in her chair and asks,

"How much is it going to take to buy you out?"

The smile disappears from Brown's craggy face.

"What are you talking about?"

"I want to buy you out. I need to get out of  Washington and those House investigating committees for a few years, and I need something to keep me busy and in the public spotlight till 2016. I want to be governor of California."

"Buy me out? Nobody buys me out. I own this state. I was governor of this state when you were back in Arkansas learning to speak Southern."



His face turning red, Brown continues, "Who are you to come in here and push me around? You think this is the Rose Law Firm? You're finished in Washington. After that rub out in Libya, you have no friends left back there."

"Is that why you rough up my man, Fredo here?"

At that, a nervous Fredo gets up and walks behind Brown placing his hands on Brown's shoulders.

"Oh no, you got it wrong. Me and Mo, we're pals, right Mo?"


Increasingly angry, Brown answers the Godmother.

"All right. So I had to slap him around a bit. He was doing all the women news reporters in LA, two at a time. Nobody was getting their trash picked up."

Clearly not satisfied with Brown's answer, the Godmother rises from the table and starts for the door.

"Think of a figure. I'll be waiting for your answer."

Brown was stunned. "Well how do you like that?"

Will the Godmother take over Mo Brown's operation in California?

To be continued

(Maybe)











1 comment:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

There's a flaw in your story Gary. To be governor of California, you have to get elected, as W. Randolph Hearst learned.

Also, I don't think Hillary's going to run. If she does, I'm not sure I'll vote for her.