Translate


Thursday, January 12, 2012

Free Loader of the United States (Michelle Obama)


 "Happy Birthday, Your Highness!"


Ya can't make this stuff up, Folks. Now you see what I have to put up with when I open my e-mail. Now I'm supposed to wish the First Lady a "happy birthday".
---------------------------------------------------------  ---------------------------------------


Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:04 PM


To: Gary Fouse


Subject: "FLOTUS"


Friend --


When you become president, one thing that happens overnight is that you and everyone you love get a bunch of new nicknames.

I was already pretty used to this. But "FLOTUS," short for First Lady of the United States, is really something else.

(How about Free Loader of the United States?)


I'm writing because our FLOTUS, Michelle, turns 48 on Tuesday, and I know I'm not her only fan out there.

(Fourty-eight, eh? Now there's a milestone.)

Will you join me in wishing her a happy birthday?

(No. Hell no)

The decision to become part of this campaign was deeply personal for a lot of people, and Michelle and I are no exception. But we both knew, like anyone else who believes in what we're trying to do here, that this was never going to be easy.

This fall, Michelle and I will have been married 20 years. The next 10 months will be harder than any we've experienced together, and I couldn't do it without her. I know she'd love to hear from you today:

http://my.barackobama.com/For-Michelle
  
(Click the above. You won't believe this one.)

Thanks for your support,

Barack





---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what am I supposed to do, Barack? Should  I hand her a stuffed envelope? Maybe a couple of first class tickets to Paris?

This reminds me of those old European monarchies when the loyal subjects were supposed to come up with tributes when the king or queen had a birthday.



"Whaddaya mean youse don't wanna wish da foist lady a happy boitday"?







10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How petty you are. Did you forget the other first ladies? Nancy Reagan for instance, she consulted the stars before she let her husband take a trip, and her gowns were something to behold. I guess that is more your kind because they were white.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

I'm jealous. How come I didn't get one of those emails? I'm on all the other OFA email lists. I'm still waiting to see whether I'm one of the lucky three donors who gets to have dinner with the Obamas. Its not supposed to matter that I couldn't afford as much as $55.

Findalis said...

Is there a site we can wish that she finally gets some style in fashion and out of the Ghetto chic look?

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Don't be rude Gary. Anonymous called you petty before making an off-hand comment about previous First Ladies being "white." I would have said, much more light-skinneded. For a Biblical definition of "white," try II Kings 5:27.

Findalis said...

@ Anonymous:

Siarlys Jenkins is many things but racist is NOT one of them!

And Nancy Reagan had a fine sense of style and grace.

Ingrid said...

Gary, I have been refraining from posting on your blog for several reasons, one was that I was out of the country, the other of being tired of being called a nazi by some of your fans. Now I read Findalis' remark about the Obamas and that you are miffed about someone calling you racist, but just tell me why those uppity blacks in the White House are not allowed to be better educated, elegant, stylish, classy, which is what they are, without being told that they are "Ghetto chic" in your blog? It that isn't racist, what is? There are always comments about their looks. That is so cheap.
And Siarlys, I got the e-mail and I wished her a happy birthday.

Gary Fouse said...

Ingrid,

First of all, I have never called you a Nazi. Secondly, pls free free to engage Findalis in a discussion of the ghetto chic comment. I'm not even sure what it means. In reality, Michelle looks great in the picture I posted. That is not the point. The point is the email I have received-as the rest- was tacky, so I used it to engage in a little humor.

Squid said...

Michelle's couture is all over the planet, as she allows herself to wear cloths that are not stylish. She does wear cloths that could be called "Ghetto chic", but not most of the time. When she is getting a prime time spot, her many fashion advisors do a good job of dressing her. She grew up with a plain style as I imagine that there was not a lot of discretionary funds for the prom look. The statement comes from my daughter, who is a FIDM graduate and beyond.

Squid

Gary Fouse said...

In all honesty, I have never seen those kinds of images of Obama, and those would indeed be racist. I would never post images like that.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

The worshipper of eagle idols is not a racist, he's far too incoherent to define any racial category at all. Do you burn your flags on the altar as an offering to your eagle god?

Gary, I agree that if a commenter doesn't have a Google account, they should at least identify themselves by some moniker, if only to tell the various anonymouses apart. But s/he did not call you a racist. S/he noted, as an afterthought, that you seem to be harder on her than you were on predecessors who appear to have been more or less "white."

There may be a double standard here... if the first lady of African descent dresses up, its "ghetto chic," if she dresses casually, she's "not living up to the social standard" expected of her.

It is funny Gary keeps getting these solicitations. I think Monica Lewinsky's father got a letter asking for donations to help retire Bill Clinton's legal bills.