Translate


Friday, January 28, 2011

The Latest From Nigeria

Unfortunately, I didn't win the UK lottery today, but I did get this classic e-mail from "Ghana". I guess this is the latest Nigerian scam.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Attn:

I am General John Myam.A General in the Republic Ghana Army and i am

also the Chief security officer in charge of the Kotoka International

Airport Accra Ghana.




Compliment of the season and how are you today? This is to notify you

that a man was arrested with Two Strong metallic consignment boxes

with your name and your telephone number on it.





He was holding fake Diplomatic Passports claiming that he is a Diplomat who

is on a special delivery to deliver the two boxes to you in your

Country . I know you are good man who have been helping the Africa

Refugee and i don't want you money to go into the wrong heads OK.So

please I want to know if you really authorize the movement of this

boxes.



Secondly,because he do not have the keys to this boxes I have to take these

boxes to the scanning room and scan them .They both contains clean

spendable hundred Dollars bills and bigger metallic boxes is with the

amount inside is $7.2 million USD and the smaller one is with the

amount inside is $4.7 Million USD. Both are bearing your contact on

them.




So if you really authorize the delivery of this boxes it is has

becomes my duty to make sure this boxes are been delivered to you in

your country at your door step.Note that the fake Diplomat has been

arrested and your Two consignment are hear with me and ready for

deliver to you Immediately.


I can deliver these boxes myself to you with my influence as a General

in the Army of the Republic of Ghana and who have served under the

United Nations at the United Nations Peace Keeping Center that was

formed by the formally United Nation secretary General Dr. Kofi Annan

who is a Ghanaian and he is also my blood relative . I also attached

my a scanned copy of my international passport ,the two consignment

boxes and the the scanned result of the money in side the boxes for

proper verification OK.


Please advise me OK


Gen. John Myam.

Head of security Kotoka International Airport

Accra Ghana

+ 233 542 528 327"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I would share this with you in case you have any ideas about playing games with "General John". We could always contact him and tell him to meet us in Amsterdam next Tuesday (heh, heh).

* For you University of California Santa Cruz Community Studies majors:

Please don't send this guy any money.

3 comments:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

I've seen emails like this for as long as I've had an email address.

Sometimes I get identical language about "long time cancer of the breast" and deciding not to re-marry "which the Bible is against" from two different women in two different countries within the same week.

Are there really people who fall for this stuff? There must be, or the clowns who send them would have moved on to another scam.

Gary Fouse said...

Yes. A professor at UC-Irvine, so the story goes, lost $300,000 to this type of scam.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

An elderly friend of mine who was known to fall for any offer saying he had won anything, eventually got a phone call saying that the Canadian government had broken up a lottery scam, and if he would send a deposit the firm handling the settlement would send him his share of the compensation from seized assets.

A mutual acquaintance called back for him, asking for the name of the case, the case number, the court handling the matter, the name of the judge, the address of the courthouse...

...CLICK! Upon redialing, the number was permanently busy.