Translate


Friday, September 5, 2008

Hollywood Goes After Sarah Palin


"I'm Lindsay Lohan, and I approved this message (but not this picture)."


As expected Sarah Palin isn't too popular in the "Entertainment" world. Below is a sampling from what the "enlightened glitterati" have to say about the Alaska Governor.

We begin with that noted social sage, Lindsay Lohan (taking a break from getting her own life in order): “Well, I think the real problem comes from the fact that we are taking the focus off of getting to know Sarah Palin and her political views, and what she can do to make our country a less destructive place. It’s distracting from the real issues, the real everyday problems that this country experiences.

I am concerned with the fact that Sarah Palin brought the attention to her daughter’s pregnancy, rather than all world issues and what she believes she could possibly do to change them — if elected. I get Sarah Palin’s views against abortion, but I would much prefer to hear more about what she can do for our country rather than how her daughter is going to have a child no matter what.”

Fousesquawk comment: Hey, if you're looking for advice on how to handle young daughters, who else is better to turn to than Lindsay Lohan?

Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth (she was that obnoxious woman who pissed off everybody on the Donald Trump apprentice reality show):

"A conservative who is pro-life with a 17-year-old daughter having a baby — gosh, that won’t affect their ticket at all," Omarosa said in a sarcastic tone at EA Sports Facebreaker Launch party on Wednesday (whatever the hell that is).

Cybil Sheppard. “I’m very insulted. It’s an insult to women think that just because she is a woman chosen as a running mate, this should be. Palin’s views on the biological integrity of women is so extreme, plus the choice of Supreme Court Justices makes this election crucial.”

In addition, when Sheppard was asked if women’s rights have evolved over the years, she said, “Not if we elect John McCain and his ‘soulmate,’ as he refers to her. This is huge in terms of the Supreme Court, a woman’s right to choose and whether to have a child or not.”

Barbra Streisand hasn't exactly broken out in song over Palin: "I believe John McCain chose Gov. Palin because he truly believes that women who supported Hillary --an experienced, brilliant, life-long public servant -- would vote for him because his Vice President has two x chromosomes."

Rapper Sean "Diddy" Combs (Mr Responsibility, himself) blasted McCain, calling his appointment of Palin, "irresponsible."

Bill Maher (Hugh Hefner's favorite "house guest"): "I, John McCain, am the only one standing between the bloodthirsty Al Qaedas and you. But if I die, this stewardess can handle it".

Joy Behar, obnoxious co-host of "The View": "Why not pick a woman who really has a background that could step in in case what's his name, McCain, has a heart attack? You cannot trade one vagina for another vagina."

I can't wait to hear who will be the next immature, egotistical Hollywood jerk to step forward and pontificate on Governor Palin. Through the wonders of cut and paste, I will be happy to update this posting as appropriate.

8 comments:

Lance Christian Johnson said...

Hmmm...you always bring up that Maher hangs out in the Playboy Mansion. The fousesquawk doth protest too much, methinks.

Heh.

And while his comment did make me snicker, it was a cheap shot.

Gary Fouse said...

Maybe, I am just envious.

Actually, I consider Maher to be, what's the word, vapid or vacuous? He has a history of making some outrageous (not in the sense of being funny) remarks like implying our soldiers were less than heroic in the way they wiped out the enemy, or Bush was a deserter for being in the National Guard during Viet Nam, when he (Maher) has never served a day in uniform.

So, yes, I like to bring that up about Maher because while he cavorts at the Playboy Mansion, people who he criticizes are involved in trying to keep our country safe.

Am I making any sense?

Lance Christian Johnson said...

I understand, and I don't like everything that he says either. There has been a time or two where I thought that he was full of it. There are other times though when I'm glad that there's somebody out in the public who's saying what I feel about certain issues - like religion. From what I can tell, there's no other public person who's willing to call out religious fanaticism the way he does. (And I'm sure that you'd agree with what he says regarding Muslim terrorists - it's not too different from what you say.)

From what I can tell, his movie Religulous is going to be an equal-opportunity offender.

I still don't follow your thing about how he shouldn't comment on Bush's service though. That's like saying that I couldn't criticize a doctor who left a shoe in my chest because I've never been to med school. (No, that hasn't actually happened to me.)

Gary Fouse said...

Lance,

You must listen to Maher more than I do because I find him about as humorous as a brain tumor. I don't know what he says about Islam, but if he equates Islamic extremists with Christian "extremists" (who are not killing anybody last I heard) then he is full of it.

Mind you, I'm not trying to silence Maher. He has the right to say whatever he wants, and last I checked, he has never been arrested (nor should he be), but when he calls someone who (at least) served in the Guard, he is a hypocrite because he has never served. (Read my old posting ;The Military Service Totum Pole.)

Lance Christian Johnson said...

if he equates Islamic extremists with Christian "extremists" (who are not killing anybody last I heard) then he is full of it.

He doesn't. In fact, quite the opposite. It's just that he's willing to go after Christians for their attacks on science education and other issues.

And yeah, I read your feelings on that. Honestly, it just doesn't make any sense to me. I think that we should be respectful of military service, but not reverential. I can see why it'd be wrong of me to critique how somebody handles himself in battle, considering that I've never experienced it myself. However, my sister-in-law's ex-boyfriend joined the Navy and went AWOL. Do I not get to point that out because I've never been in the Navy?

Gary Fouse said...

You can point it out all day long, but there are many factors of military life that would cause one to go awol. Those that have not been in the military would not have a full grasp of those factors.

As for Bill Maher, it is not a case of being reverential. He has no respect for the military. He showed it when he questioned the courage of soldiers dropping bombs from the air. It is those soldiers that enable him to live his carefree life hanging out at the Playboy Mansion.

Lance Christian Johnson said...

I agree that was a dumb comment that he made. Like I said, I don't always like what he says.

Regarding my sister-in-law's ex, you do have a point. I don't know what it's like. However, I do know that this guy couldn't finish high school either - so the fact that he couldn't stay in the Navy wasn't so big of a surprise! (Thank goodness he's her ex and not still with her!)

ArseNole said...

I just stumbled upon your blog while looking for a Palin background. I like what you have to say. Will be checking back often.