Translate


Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Anderson Cooper-Was There a High Speed Chase or Not?

Sunday night, I was in my hotel room in Afton, Wyoming. It was late, and I was climbing into bed when Fox News came on with a news alert reporting that there had just been a high-speed car chase involving CNN Anchor Anderson Cooper. If I am not mistaken, the incident occurred somewhere in New York State. According to the report, Copper was traveling at a speed of 130 mph and trying to catch up to some breaking story (no, it wasn't the John Edwards story.) A helicopter video was even shown showing a vehicle roaring down the highway swerving and running through red lights.

According to the report, details were sketchy, and more information would follow.

That is the last of it as far as I know.

Today, I did a Google search on the incident. All I could come up with were short blurbs from other blogs relating the same experience I had. One blogger mentioned hearing it on CNN. No one, however, seems to have any more information.

So here is my question: What the hell is-or isn't going on here? Was Cooper involved in a car chase or not? If so, where did the story go?

I want to treat this very carefully until it is cleared up. If this was a big screw up on the part of the media-Fox, CNN or whoever- it should be cleared up fast in fairness to Cooper. If there is something to the story, I have two words of reminder to the media: John Edwards.

In other words, some clarification is in order.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't start this again...

Who cares?

Allie Smith said...

I saw the same thing!!! Monday morning I searched the internet and everything I clicked on, my firewall went off. I thought that was crazy. There has been nothing on any of the news channels. Your's was the first thing I have found. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one in America that saw that. Did you notice he wasn't on his show last night? Campbell what's her name sat in for him.

Gary Fouse said...

Bryan,

I am not trying to start up another John Edwards watch-yet. As I said, it was on the News Sunday night-then disappeared. If it's not true, Cooper deserves a public retraction. If it is true, then it would be wrong for the story to be buried. He is a public figure.

It wasn't only Allie and I that saw it on the News.

Allie Smith said...

I just found another blog that was talking about the same thing. I clicked on it but they sounded like a bunch of idiots. Conspiracy theory garbage.

Allie Smith said...

Did you get my last comment?

Gary Fouse said...

Allie,

Yes, I got it. I am not up on CNN's schedule, but Campbell Brown is hosting 360 again tonight.

Hmmm.

Allie Smith said...

I thought her name was Brown but couldn't remember. Anyway, I'm from Pearl River Louisiana, 39 yrs. old, single mother of 2 children - 9 yr. old son and 5 yr. old daughter. The only time I get to watch t.v. is when my children are in bed and I always watch the news channels. I got on the phone yesterday morning and called my family and friends to see if anyone else had seen it Sunday night. I was glad to finally find you on the internet to verify that I wasn't seeing things.

Gary Fouse said...

Allie,

No you were not seeing things. A lot of other people saw it too. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but it bears watching.

How does the News Media unreport what they reported?

Allie Smith said...

They seem to be doing a pretty good job of it. I went to the CNN website to see if I could e-mail them the question, but couldn't find a place to contact them.

Allie Smith said...

Oh and I liked the bigfoot comment from Lance. My son loves bigfoot.

Gary Fouse said...

Allie,

Try the ac360 site. I think they have a spot to send in questions.

Allie Smith said...

Thanks!

eliza said...

I'm not sure if this whole post is a joke, but in case you're seriously asking, you should know that what you watched was an atrocious "Daily Show" knockoff called "Red Eye." Fox News attempting to be funny. Of course Anderson Cooper wasn't involved in a high speed chase. It was just poorly done satire.

Gary Fouse said...

Eliza,

I hope you're right. If so, I have been "War of the Worlded" Yet, I kept the TV on for a few minutes, and it was the regular news.

Gary Fouse said...

Eliza,

I hope you're right. If so, I have been "War of the Worlded" Yet, I kept the TV on for a few minutes, and it was the regular news.

Anonymous said...

Yep, looks like she's right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7VaPgOJDH8

I've never heard of the show before, but I think it's somewhat irresponsible to have a fake news show (a la the Daily Show) on a "real" news channel.

Lance Christian Johnson said...

I'm sorry, but if I had to choose liberals versus conservatives based solely on who's funnier, the liberals win time and time again.

I mean...where's the joke? And could that guy's delivery be any more stiff? (As opposed to the exagerrated - and funny - stifness of guys like Ed Helms.)

People should be forced to take a satire test before they're allowed to practice it.