Translate


Saturday, December 8, 2007

A New Feature

I've decided to try a new feature in my blog, which is the inclusion of foreign language news articles from around the world. I will be including articles in languages with which I am familiar and can read before adding them. Some of you may have noticed that I had previously included occasional Spanish articles.

I would appreciate any comments you have on the usefullness of this feature. Since it requires considerable extra work, it will be on a trial basis.

I hope those of you who know other languages and follow international events will find it interesting.

2 comments:

Anti-Racist Blog: Exposing Anti-Semitism and Anti-Zionism on American College Campuses said...

I speak some Spanish. It would be neat to use that knowledge once in a while.

I would like your thoughts on this devlopment if you wouldn't mind:

http://antiracistblog.
blogspot.com/2007/12/
activist-group-sets-anti-
israel-litmus.html

Gary Fouse said...

The reason I decided to add this feature is twofold. First, I have spent many years living and traveling overseas, as well as studying languages. It's a big part of my life, so it is natural to add a personal interest to the blog. Secondly, I see very few blogs, if any, out there that have this feature. I think it a good idea to check out what other countries are saying about the same issues we are discussing. For example, since I have studied and written about Papiamentu, why not post news articles from Aruba about the Natalie Holloway case?

Anyway, I hope it works out. Thanks for your interest.