Translate


Friday, November 12, 2021

Italy, Germany and the Green Pass

Hat tip RAIR Foundation, Vlad Tepes, and Gates of Vienna. Translation by He Ha.


Italians are now required to carry a Green Pass in order to access certain buildings and services. It certifies they have been vaccinated against Covid, tested negative, and/or have already recovered. .

So recently, a lady vising a museum presented her own German version of a Green Pass. The only problem is that it was an Ahnenpass, an old Nazi-era certificate of ancestry that Germans had to prove they were of pure Aryan blood.

It worked. She got in. 


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes!

I've had my vaccination card checked a few times, but I was pretty skeptical that they'd know it if I showed them a fake one.

I know that a few people have been caught and fined, but I'm sure that there are plenty of scammers who have gotten away with it.

I sure hope that this person wasn't making the comparison to vaccine mandates and the Holocaust though - because if they were, they need to pull their heads out of their posteriors.

Gary Fouse said...

I assume it was done as a spoof.

Anonymous said...

I hope you're right. Have you heard about the vaccine mandate protesters who are wearing the Star of David (to make some sort of a point). Unfortunately, they're not spoofing.

Gary Fouse said...

Yes, vaguely. I don't think it is a proper analogy. I often use Nazi memes to make a point, but it is done sarcastically. For example, the Good news, mein Fuehrer photos of Hitler inspecting the damage outside his Berlin bunker.
I think Austria has carried this thing too far with their new regulations.

Anonymous said...

I'm conflicted as to what Austria is doing. I can't say that I'm for it, but when I think of the long-term results like more variants, hospitals filled so much that other procedures can't get done, etc., then I don't know if I'm really against it either. (I think people should be able to go outside for exercise at least.)

Gary Fouse said...

I have not read up on it, but as far as I understand it, if you are unvaccinated in Austria, you must stay indoors. I think that is very extreme.