Translate


Thursday, October 22, 2020

Orange County Hate Crime Report 2019

Hat tip Debbie


"Of the 28% of hate crimes motivated by Religion, the Jewish community was the primary target at 52% followed by Catholics, Christians, and Muslims (14% combined), as seen in Figure 2 on page 4.

As my long-time readers know, I am not a fan of the Orange County Human Rights Commission. Most of my beefs with that organization date back a few years when they were run by a career bureaucrat named Rusty Kennedy. Hopefully, they have improved with a change in leadership, but to be honest, they have been off my radar since Kennedy packed it in. 

I am cross-posting their annual report on hate crimes in Orange County for 2019. What sticks out to me is that according to this report, hate crimes based on religion were directed at Jews more than any other religious group. (Total reports for all religions-21) The statistic doesn't surprise me, but under Kennedy's lead, the OCHRC was slow to recognize the problem of anti-Semitism, in my opinion.

http://occs.oc.prod.acquia.prometdev.com/sites/occs/files/2020-10/2019%20HC%20Report-finalcopy.pdf

No comments: