Translate


Friday, August 7, 2020

Illinois Democrat Wants to Abolish History Classes

La Shawn Ford (D) is an Illinois state politician from Chicago  who has come up with a novel idea. He thinks Illinois schools should abolish the teaching of history until we can come up with some alternative.....truth, I guess. Here he is speaking in Evanston this week.





Frankly, I don't know where to begin. This is the dumbest thing I've heard since Hank Johnson (D-GA) expressed his worry that if we sent any more troops to Guam, that island might actually tip over. This is the dumbest thing I've heard since people started talking about abolishing the police.

I could waste another paragraph explaining why teaching history-both good and bad- is important, but why should I bother? Suffice to say, that one reason we have so many young dopes in our country is because we have not been teaching enough history. That's why we have elected officials like La Shawn Ford.

No comments: