Translate


Friday, July 24, 2020

Death of a Conservative Professor: Mike Adams UNC Wilmington

Hat tip Legal Insurrection

https://youtu.be/uOyQPunEeWg
Prof. Mike Adams


On college campuses, conservative professors are not only rare, they are subject to unceasing attacks from indoctrinated students, liberal professorial colleagues, and cowardly university administrators. At UNC Wilmington, Mike Adams was one such example. Due to his conservative views, he had to withstand years of attacks from the left on campus, and efforts to fire him. Now, days before his scheduled retirement, which was negotiated with the university anxious to get rid of him, Mike Adams has been found dead this week in his home. Cause of death is not yet disclosed.

Legal Insurrection has a report.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/07/conservative-unc-wilmington-professor-mike-adams-found-dead-in-his-home/

Here is how the UNC-W campus newspaper, The Seahawk,  reported it.

https://theseahawk.org/27422/news/former-uncw-professor-mike-s-adams-found-dead-in-home/


Several years ago, if my memory is correct, I exchanged emails with Mike at a time I was trying to establish some sort of informal network of conservative professors and teachers in universities. I believe he responded, but it was the only communication as my "project" never materialized.

Since we don't know the circumstances of his death, and I am not deeply familiar with his battles at UNC-Wilmington, I don't want to comment to any great extent. I owe it to myself to educate myself on Mike's story. I think it is worthwhile, however, to report the Twitter comment of another UNC-Wilmington professor, who actually took the low road and stated that one should not mourn Mike's death because he was............... etc. (You can imagine the accusations, which I will not repeat.) The professor's name is LJ Randolph. Actually, in all honesty, I don't know anything about the accusations hurled at him by colleagues and students at UNC-Wilmington, but I can say, in a general sense, that this is what conservatives are faced with on college campuses.

No comments: