Translate


Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The Origin of Covid-19

Hat tip Vlad Tepes


Vlad Tepes Blog has interviewed CIA retired station chief Brad Johnson regarding the Corona virus and his opinion as to its origin. I am cross-posting it here. In this 16-minute interview, Johnson discusses the possible origins of Covid-19. He is of the opinion that it is man-made in China either deliberately or by accident. He also states that China is taking advantage of the crisis.

I am not qualified to judge these statements, but I post the interview and let the reader consider his points.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/03/21/fact-check-did-coronavirus-originate-chinese-laboratory/2881150001/

This is a well-sourced article with data and links from organizations that are more qualified to assess this.

This man is no more qualified than the local dog catcher. (Maybe less.)

I file this conspiracy theory with flat earthers, 9/11 truthers, and moon landing deniers.

Gary Fouse said...

Fair enough, Anonymous. I hope your favored theory is correct. I would add, however, that I am suspicious of these so-called fact checkers because they tend to have their own political leanings. USA Today leans left. I used to read it just to catch up on the ball scores, but technology has made them irrelevant on that "score".

Also note that I did not offer a comment on Johnson's idea precisely because I am not qualified to do so. I merely through it out their for consideration. Last week, I translated an Italian news article without comment that reported that the virus may have been an accident in a CHinese lab. True or not I don't know.

Anonymous said...

I think it's troubling that something like this, which is a matter of fact or not, should even be divided between "left and right". It should be about what's true and what isn't.

Gary Fouse said...

Well stated, Anonymous, but you can apply that to many issues out there.