Translate


Friday, December 20, 2019

"Jewish Students Have Endured Enough"

Hat tip Algemeiner



-Algemeiner


I am cross-posting an article written Melissa Landa of Alliance for Israel. The theme and the title concern the situation on far too many campuses across America: "Jewish Students Have Endured Enough". It concerns the atmosphere of fear and intimidation many Jewish students feel on US campuses courtesy of the pro-Palestinian forces.

https://www.algemeiner.com/2019/12/19/jewish-students-have-endured-enough/

I note that the above photo featured on the Algemeiner article is from UC Irvine, where I taught part -time (1998-2016). I have had the pleasure of meeting a couple of those young people in the photo. In fact, I would have been present that night except I was undergoing a medical procedure. This was the third consecutive year that a pro-Israel  event on campus was loudly disrupted requiring a police "response".  I was present at the 2017 disruption and videotaped it.

Now that President Trump has signed his executive order relative to campus anti-Semitism, it is time to stand up and fight back. That includes holding university administrators and the universities themselves accountable if they fail to protect the rights of Jewish students on campus. Enough is enough.

No comments: