Translate


Friday, June 28, 2019

Muslim American Society Protest June 2

Hat tip and Daily Wire Counter Islamist.org


On June 2, members of the Muslim American Society, an arm of the Muslim Brotherhood, held a protest outside the Saudi consulate in Los Angeles. The purpose was to defend three Muslim Brotherhood figures who face execution in Saudi Arabia. Counter Islamist.org posted two articles on the protest with photos of the protest leaders including Shakeel Syed and UCLA Professor Khaled Abou Fadl. The articles were sent to me by the writer, David Swindle, who has given me permission to cross-post them.

https://counterislamist.org/los-angeles-islamists-take-to-the-streets-in-support-of-terror-linked-clerics/

https://counterislamist.org/photo-essay-mas-greater-los-angeles-protests-in-support-of-terror-clerics/

Let me be clear: My position on Saudi Arabia and the Muslim American Society is-a pox on both their houses. The MAS protesters invoked the name of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who was reportedly murdered in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. I am not attempting to white wash that in any way. The MAS, however, is a wolf in sheep's clothing. I have attended a couple of their events, and I consider them an organization dedicated to Islamic supremacy.

Shakeel Syed is a local Southern California activist who rushes to defend any Muslim accused of any crime. In the so-called Irvine 11 case, where 11 members of the Muslim Student Union planned and disrupted a speech by Michael Oren, then-Israel ambassador to the US, at UC Irvine in 2010, Syed appeared at court with this mouth taped shut supposedly protesting the "silencing" of the disruptors (who were all convicted)..

Abul Fadl is a chronic complainer that Muslims in America are being picked on. He is frequently featured as a guest op-ed writer in the LA Times.

Again, I am not defending the Saudi regime in any way although what happens to the Muslim Brotherhood defendants is of little concern to me. My own distaste for the Saudi regime aside, I would never join in any protest organizard by the Muslim American Society.

No comments: