Translate


Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Erwin Chemerinsky Says Alabama Abortion Law Is "Clearly Unconstitutional"

UC Berkeley law school dean Erwin Chemerinsky has weighed in on Alabama's new abortion law saying it is "clearly unconstitutional". Campus Reform has the report.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=13257

Far be it from me to argue abortion law with a law school dean, other than to say I am pro-life, but I don't claim to have a perfect solution for the whole problem. But every time I see Chemerinsky described as one of the country's top Constitutional experts, which he is often called, I take exception. It is not that I myself am an expert on the Constitution other than I support it, but in my view, Chemerinsky is a liberal activist whose opinions on laws routinely come down on the liberal side of the issue. Even I, as a conservative, recognize that sometimes, the liberals have the law and the Constitution on their side. I saw Chemo in action when he was heading up the law school at UC Irvine (he was the first dean), and I consider that law school little more than a training ground for liberal activists.

3 comments:

Squid said...

The Far Left Chemerinsky says that the Alabama Abortion law is not Constitutional. I do not believe this for a moment. What are the rights of the newly born infant who gets murdered if the Dr. and Morger decide on infanticide. What Chemerinsky misses is: the right to Life, Liberty Andre Pursuit of Happiness in the Declaration of Independence. He must have missed that in Law School.

Gary Fouse said...

He is an ideologue. My biggest fear is that a Dem president coulde put this guy on the Supreme Court. No doubt he would be on all their short lists.

Squid said...

Can you imagine, Obama, Chemerinsky and Porter (the Chemerinsky protege) on the Supreme Court. That would be a nightmare. We see Trump getting his Executive orders slammed by Clinton and Obama appointed Activist Judges. Legislation from the Bench is not what the Founding Fathers wanted.

Squid