Translate


Wednesday, February 27, 2019

UC Davis Prof Thinks Cops Should Be Killed

Hat tip The Aggie


Here comes a highly disturbing story out of UC Davis. Another one of those radical leftist professors, a guy named Joshua Clover, a professor of English and Comparative Literature, has sent out tweets to the effect that police should be killed.

I am cross-posting below an op-ed written by a UCD student, Nick Irvin to the UCD campus paper, The Aggie, in response.

https://theaggie.org/2019/02/25/a-uc-davis-professor-thinks-cops-need-to-be-killed/

First of all, let me salute Mr Irvin. Secondly, let me summarize what I wrote to the Aggie as part of the reader thread.

UC Davis, no doubt, will take no action against Mr Clover, respecting his First Amendment rights to say what he wants on Twitter. At the same time, I think it is high time for universities to seriously consider what they have come to represent in our society. I hate to say it, but this is precisely the type of culture that our universities, at least in the humanities and social sciences, have come to represent. It is sick and cannot even begin to be seriously defended in academic discourse.

The fact is that our universities have become a career magnet for misfits, people who detest their own society. Again, I emphasize that this is prevalent mostly in the humanities. But it is a serious problem, and I confess, I don't really have the answer for it. I am against censorship, and I would oppose ideological purges of schools and universities. That's what they did in Nazi Germany and the old Soviet Union. Those two evil societies also suppressed opposing thoughts-which is pretty much what our universities are doing.

No comments: