Translate


Thursday, December 6, 2018

Have YOU Broken Pakistan's Laws?

Hat tip Opindia

Is this picture a violation of Pakistani law too?


Pakistan has a law which punishes blasphemy of Islam with the death penalty. That's OK. I don't live in Pakistan, so I don't give a rip about their laws-at least unless I ever go back there which I will never do. Back in the 1970s, I was on a plane that refueled at Karachi airport, and I didn't bother to go into the terminal to browse around. Aside from when I quit smoking, that was one of the smarter things I've ever done.

But according to some of our social media giants, no matter where we live, we must take great care not to offend Pakistan. Twitter has notified two of its account holders (apparently both Muslims) that they have broken Pakistan's laws by posting content that might be construed as critical of Islam.


https://www.opindia.com/2018/12/pakistan-blasphemy-law-twitter-imam-tawhidi/?fbclid=IwAR3s1SdGzRYQ0L9JRKbAiZKlcfQstV6GhvmzcF2mC5fjQMbV2Br5TJurh-0

I don't bother with Twitter, but I find it outrageous that they would act as enforcer of the laws of Pakistan. If Pakistan wants to ban Twitter so be it. As for me, this would be my response to Twitter (and Pakistan).


No comments: