Translate


Thursday, February 9, 2017

AAUP Trying to Cover for Professors Who Indoctrinate

The American Association of University Professors (AAUP) is crying foul over groups that monitor what is happening in our universities as it pertains to professors who indoctrinate their students rather than educate them. This was brought to a head recently, when a student videotaped a professor at California's Orange Coast College using extreme language to describe the election of Donald Trump. The College Fix, which is a target of the AAUP has posted the below article.


http://www.thecollegefix.com/bulletin-board/professor-group-accuses-college-fix-aiding-witch-hunts-heres-response/

In the interest of full disclosure, while I am not an employee of The College Fix, I do collaborate with them from time to time and have passed on bits of information about several universities which they have either posted or not posted.

I would also add that when I was teaching-either English as a second language or drug education- I would never have objected to a student videotaping my lecture. That's because I did not bring my opinions on issues into the classroom. My job was not to indoctrinate, so I had nothing to worry about. This is nothing more than professors looking out for each others' backs.

No comments: