Translate


Wednesday, April 20, 2016

American Studies Association Being Sued

Hat tip Legal Insurrection



This is encouraging news. The American Studies Association (made up of professor-types) is being sued by some of its own members for violating their charter; to wit: engaging in political activities, specifically advocating the boycott of Israel.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/04/american-studies-association-sued-over-israel-boycott//#more

I hope this lawsuit is successful. Why would anyone want to belong to a professional  organization that has been hijacked into participating in political activities that have nothing to do with the purpose of said organization and may not reflect the views of all of its members?

No, I am not a member, nor would I ever want to be. ( I am probably not "qualified" to belong since I don't have a PhD and am not a full time accredited faculty member.)

No comments: