Translate


Saturday, February 6, 2016

Who Is Mohamad Adam El Sheikh? (I Mean Really)

Yesterday, I posted the below article on the ex-imam of the Islamic Center of Baltimore, Mohamad Adam El Sheikh and reported that he was now serving on the Fiqh Council of North America. Take special note of the bottom two paragraphs (Correction and update).

http://garyfouse.blogspot.com/2016/02/who-is-mohamad-adam-el-sheikh.html

As stated, last night I received an (organizational ) email stating that El Sheikh had joined al Qaeda and been killed in a US drone strike in Yemen in 2011. In fact, there are a number of sources that are carrying  that information. Based on the email, I added the correction last night and actually reverted the post to draft status this morning until I could clear up the matter.

I am now satisfied based on further checking that my initial research and post were correct. Thus, I have re-posted it with two additional links that I believe make it clear.

Occasionally, we all get our facts wrong. That includes the professionals in the mainstream news media. When we learn of an error, we have an obligation to set the record straight. I am just trying to get it right. It should be stressed that El Sheikh is not a member of al Qaeda and is not dead. I stand by everything else in the original article. In addition, I have notified the organization in question of the discrepancy, and they have thanked me for it.


No comments: