Translate


Tuesday, February 16, 2016

University of California Still Trying to Get Around Affirmative Action Ban

Hat tip Campus Reform




Janet Napolitano, President of the University of California, is still trying to get around the ban in California on race-based admissions.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=7291

In a way, I don't get it. Not only do I teach part-time at UC Irvine, which is over 50% non-white, but I have visited the campuses at UCLA, Berkeley, Santa Barbara, and Riverside. I didn't see the problem, but then again, unlike some bean counters and more racially conscious people, maybe I just didn't notice. Of course, Asian-American students are well represented on our campuses especially at UCI.

Obviously, Napolitano wants to increase the number of black and Hispanic students. So do I, but I think that has to be addressed at the lower rungs of the educational ladder and within society.

No comments: