Translate


Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Irrelevance of Moderate Muslims

Hat tip Atlas Shrugs


Nonie Darwish, an Egyptian-American apostate from and critic of Islam, has written a piece in Atlas Shrugs, which she has forwarded to me. I am pleased to cross-post it because it raises a provocative issue-that of moderate Muslims. In the below piece, Darwish argues that they are irrelevant to our discussion of violent Islam  Her reasons are very interesting.

http://pamelageller.com/2015/11/nonie-darwish-obama-terror-and-the-irrelevance-of-moderate-muslims.html/

"After 9/11, many moderate Muslim friends of mine from inside the Middle East told me with bizarre logic in Arabic: “Let the West get a taste of the terror we live in daily. Why only us?” What struck me was the way they viewed terrorism; to them it felt like a natural disaster or part of life that must be tolerated and dealt slowly with. To them, they must never openly reject or upset the terrorist."

Darwish is also a founder of Former Muslims United, whose web site is linked on this site.

As always, I invite my Muslim readers to weigh in. I would like to get your perspective.

No comments: