Translate


Saturday, August 23, 2014

My Letter to Temple University President

In light of the recent alleged attack on a Jewish student at Temple University while standing at a Students for Justice  in Palestine, I have written the below letter to Temple University President Neil Theobald.








Dear President Theobald, 
 
 
I am writing to express my concern over the recent alleged attack on a Jewish 
student who was standing near a table belonging to the Students for Justice in 
Palestine on the Temple campus. 
 
Were this just an isolated incident, I might not bother to write, but it is part 
of a pattern that we see on college campuses all over the US and Canada. The 
Israel-Palestinian conflict has resulted in a very tense and hostile environment 
for so many Jewish students. As a part-time teacher at the University of 
California at Irvine, I have witnessed this situation up close and personal. I 
have also been observing how similar incidents are taking place on other UC 
campuses. My concern is not because I am Jewish (I am not) rather because 
anti-Semitism is an issue that has concerned me for many years. Anti-Semitism is 
in a resurgence, and it must be confronted. 
 
I firmly believe that if university administrators do not start taking firm 
action against this sort of thuggery, we will eventually see a tragic incident 
on one of our campuses. 
 
I urge you to fully investigate this alleged incident and, if appropriate, take 
strong measures against the perpetrator(s). 
 
Thank you, 
 
 
Gary C Fouse 
Adjunct teacher 
UC Irvine Ext. 

1 comment:

Gary Fouse said...

That's why I say a class action lawsuit is what is needed. They can't throw that in the garbage can.