Translate


Sunday, June 1, 2014

"School to Prison Pipeline" Event at UC Irvine

On Friday, I came across a series of posters in the UC Irvine Student Center that had been left over from a previous event entitled, "School to Prison Pipeline".

"In this showcase, we will analyze different stages of the school to prison pipeline and its devastating effects"

"Essentially the system of education displaces the students that it deems 'unfit', many of which are students of color. These students are constantly criminalized and put into the path of incarceration."



                                                            "Prison abolishment"

Here is the event, which I regrettably missed.


And who is Luis J Rodriguez?
(He's running for governor of California.)


While it appears that Mr Rodriguez has turned his life around and is doing good works, I will withhold judgement until I can hear his presentation. I will say, however, that I was not impressed with the posters.

No comments: