Translate


Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Visit to San Diego State University



Yesterday, I traveled down to San Diego State University to attend a lecture by International Solidarity Movement co-founder Huwaida Araf. It was my first time ever on the SDSU campus, and I was amazed what a beautiful campus it is. It is built in the old Spanish mission style common to the area.



There was only one feature which marred the beauty of the campus and thankfully that is only temporary. That is the Israel Apartheid Wall. SDSU this month is being subjected to a month's worth of anti-Israel events, one of which was last night.





Part of Apartheid Wall. This panel honors Palestinian sky-jacker Leila Khaled. These are previous photos. Yesterday, when I was there, it was attracting zero visitors, fortunately.


I will be posting a description of the event last night as soon as I get the video uploaded. A couple of interesting things came out of the event, in my view.

No comments: