Translate


Sunday, August 25, 2013

Academics Against Academic Freedom

Hat tip Pro Israel Bay Bloggers


Pro Israel Bay Bloggers has published a list of almost 80 university professors who have signed on to a boycott of a conference held by Israel's Hebrew University. I guess because these nitwits are so adamantly opposed to Israel, they want to boycott any message that runs counter to their own opinions.

http://proisraelbaybloggers.blogspot.com/2013/08/academics-against-academic-freedom.html

I am familiar with some of these names, especially the ones who teach in the University of California system. Sondra Hale, a retired professor from UCLA, has been written about on these pages. I have also heard Robin Kelley (UCLA) and Gabriel Piterberg (UCLA) speak at UC Irvine. Then there is math professor David Klein at CSUN. He's the guy who uses the school's web server to attack Israel. They are all  jokes in my view, but I would never try to silence or boycott their right to speak. It may be their tactic, but it's not mine. Whenever one side tries to shut down the other, that's a pretty good clue as to who the good guys are and vice versa.

I might note that Kelley was sitting at the "dais" at UCI this year when UCI professor Sohail Daulatzai, sitting next to him, upbraided me for attacking him, "a fellow teacher" (see video in the Kelley link). "Duly noted", he added ominously. I can only wonder why Daulatzai's name isn't on this list.

Duly note that.

1 comment:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Do you really want these chumps at that conference?