Translate


Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ed Schultz's Gaffe on "Stench"

Hat tip News Busters



Ed Schultz


A few years ago, I was in Afton, Wyoming at an Army reunion. After an evening of "reminiscing" with my old buddies, I came back to my hotel room and turned on the TV. On the Fox Channel, there was a show I had never seen called "Red Eye". According to the "live report" from a news helicopter, CNN's Anderson Cooper was at that very moment involved in a high speed car chase, in Canada, if I recall.

 (They know where I am going with this.)

Anyway, the first thing I did when I woke up the next morning was check the Internet for an "update". Finding none, I wrote a post asking why there was no news about this. Was Anderson Cooper really involved in a  car chase the previous evening, or was there a news blackout? Some wise guy  reader pointed out to me that "Red Eye" was a political spoof show.

"Uhhhh........yeaaaaah."

That brings us to MSNBC's Butter and Egg Man, Ed Schultz.



Politico's Roger Simon has written a satire about Paul Ryan, which alleges that a "disgruntled" Ryan refers to Mitt Romney as "Stench". Ed took the bait.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jack-coleman/2012/09/27/ed-schultz-and-nations-john-nichols-duped-politicos-stench-satire

I can't be too hard on Ed about this because I made the same goof with poor Anderson Cooper. Then again,  I'm not  working for MSNBC and appearing on national TV.


2 comments:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

I prefer The Onion's headlines about Ryan cutting $110 million in wasteful spending from the Romney campaign budget, and sending working class hero Ryan out to do damage control on Mittens writing off 47 percent of the American people.

The Onion is funny. Ed Schult, not so much.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Breaking news: Iran's state press ran an Onion piece as straight NEWS, reporting that white males preferred Ahmadinejad to Obama. Read about it in the NY Times.