Translate


Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Is White House Keeping an Aide From Testifying in Fast and Furious?

In our coverage of Fast and Furious, we learned that a White House aide, Kevin O'Reilly, was in personal contact with the agent-in-charge of the ATF Phoenix office, William Newall,  and was getting updates on Operation Fast and Furious. Now Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA) and Charles Grassley (R-IA) want O'Reilly to testify.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/28/gop-demanding-white-house-testimony-in-fast-and-furious/


Two things jump out at me here. First, not only did I never ever speak to anyone in the White House when I was a DEA field agent, I don't know anyone else who did either including agents in charge. That just wasn't part of the normal reporting procedure. O'Reilly and Newell were apparently old friends, however, which might explain their contacts, which one would assume were personal in nature. That leads me to my second point. If that is all there was, then the White House should have no objection to O'Reilly clearing it all up for Congress-
under oath.

No comments: