Translate


Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Newt: "On my first day in office, I will...."

Hat tip to Daily Caller

Newt Gingrich is getting more grandiose in his campaign speeches. He has made it a staple of his stump speech to declare what executive orders he will sign on his first day in office.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/31/after-florida-defeat-newt-makes-eight-first-day-white-house-promises/

Maybe so, but if he is, indeed, elected and intends to keep his promises, he'd better have that inauguration ceremony pushed up to about 3 am.



Barack and Michelle on their last day in the White House

" I can't believe I gotta hand over the presidency to that #^*%# at this ungodly hour."


"Shut up and get your top hat. We'll be back in Chicago for breakfast."

3 comments:

Miggie said...

I thought it was Newt's best speech of his campaign. The very specific actions he listed would reverse the decline we have experienced the last four years. At least, as he says, it would be a running head start.

I wish Mitt could take his lead and begin speaking and acting more like Newt.

I could enthusiastically support either of them for various reasons. It is hard to make a choice at this point. Actually, I could also support Santorum as well.

I think they are all good men and infinitely better than the boob in the White House now.
.

Gary Fouse said...

Miggie,


Mitt needs to go back and review his dropping out speech of 2008. It was great. That should be his message as well as making Obama's policies the issue. It's a winning formula.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

I don't think the Obamas will look that young in January 2017.