Translate


Monday, July 11, 2011

Richard Falk and His Trashy Cartoon


This cartoon was posted by an official of the UN Human Rights Council!!!

My friend and colleague, Katie, at Monkey in the Middle, has described Princeton Professor Richard Falk far more adequately than I could, so I am cross-posting her article on the cartoon he put out and the outrageous apology/explanation he subsequently made. Keep in mind, this jerk is also a muckety-muck at the UN Human Rights Council.

http://findalismonkeyinthemiddle.blogspot.com/2011/07/suck-falk.html

"Beyond this, if we are to have a sustainable human future we must also make peace with nature, and treat animals with as much respect as possible... "



WHAT???

Oh yeah. He is also a professor at Princeton.

3 comments:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Well, the cartoonist obviously doesn't like the USA, but I can't even discern from the imagery what he's trying to say. No policy is exemplified, no particular outcome affecting real people... it gets a D- for sheer incoherence.

As to the last remark, I'm a fan of the bumper sticker from People Eating Tasty Animals.

Gary Fouse said...

Siarlys,

I really suspect you are living on a tropical island with girls in grass skirts fanning you with palm leaves. A man who sees no problem anywhere.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

You are at your most incoherent today Gary. I trash a cartoon you called a trashy cartoon, and you suspect that I see no problem anywhere. I guess you just can't make any more 911 calls because they've threatened to arrest you next time you claim to be having a heart attack.