Translate


Sunday, January 30, 2011

Yusuf al-Qaradawi's "Statements of Understanding and Tolerance"


Yusuf al-Qaradawi



If you want to see an example of the Muslim Brotherhood's duplicity and lies, look no further than their spiritual mentor, Yusuf al Qaradawi, an Egyptian clerical scholar who presently lives in Qatar. The below piece comes from Ikhwan Web, the English-language web site of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, which I have just linked onto Fousesquawk. It contains statements by Qaradawi condemning recent attacks on Christians in Muslim countries.

http://www.ikhwanweb.com/article.php?id=22781

If you are not familiar with Qaradawi, you would think this is the type of moderate Muslim leader we have been looking for, right?

Wrong.

When the Brotherhood's spokesman, Ibrahim El Houdaiby, came to speak at UC-Irvine in 2008, he referred to Qaradawi as an example of a peaceful, moderate leader when I confronted him with documents that indicated that the Brotherhood was not a moderate organization. I took him up on his suggestion to read Qaradawi and did research on this man. Much of what he has said sounds tolerant. Below is some of what I learned.

http://garyfouse.blogspot.com/2010/05/words-of-yusuf-al-qaradawi.html

Qaradawi's Wikipedia entry demonstrates the conflict between many of his statements.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yusuf_al-Qaradawi

It would do us all well to watch how the Muslim Brotherhood acts in these days of crisis in Egypt. They delight in telling their Western audiences that they are peaceful, democratic reformers. It looks like that may be soon put to the test in Egypt.

4 comments:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

In short, Gary doesn't know what this man really stands for. That worries him. Fair enough, but it doesn't prove he is NOT for understanding and tolerance. It proves that we really don't know. Caution is in order.

Gary Fouse said...

Siarlys,

You be as cautious as you want. I will continue to treat this guy as a rattlesnake.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

I once had the experience of stepping over a rattlesnake on a trail in New Mexico. I was with a bunch of boy scouts who had been crying wolf, so when a real jokester said "A snake, a snake," I ignored him and kept walking. Twenty feet down the trail I noticed nobody was behind me. They told me I had stepped right over the snake. He or she did not strike, I was fine, the others came on down once it moved.

Gary Fouse said...

Siarlys,

Next time, don't stop to shake hands and dialogue with the rattlesnake.