Translate


Monday, November 8, 2010

"How 'Bout Them Cowboys?"

Cowboy coach Wade Phillips
"What? Me worry?"


Did ya see that Packers-Cowboys game on TV last night?


"Yeah, I did."

How sweet it was to see "America's Team" get embarrassed -or should I say- embarrass themselves on national TV-with shots of Jerry Jones sitting in the shadows of the VIP box watching helplessly.

That's right. The final score was 45-7-only because the Packers felt sorry for the Jonesies and let a few fans play the final quarter.

Also watching helplessly on the sidelines was coach Wade Philips. He looked like a kid whose dog got lost. In fact, he looked like he didn't know whether he was on a football field or a rugby pitch because that's how his team looked-like they were playing Australian rules rugby. The only gafferoo the Cowboys didn't pull was a Jim Marshall wrong-way run to the end zone.

Predictably, the reaction back home in Texas was anything but positive.


After the game, Phillips was interviewed by the ever-intrusive press.  I must have missed his opening comments when he asked, "Has anybody seen my dog?"

Or, "Has anybody seen my job?"

Then it was "America's Owner", Jerry Jones' turn at the mic, an opportunity he never turns down win or lose. He reminded me of Gary Hart when the reporters cornered him outside of what's her name's apartment in DC. Yet, he didn't mutter a few words and run off like Gary did; that's because win or lose, he loves being seen in front of a camera.

So I gather it must have been a long plane ride home to Dallas' Jerry Jones Airport where they were greeted by all their wonderful fans. You talk about loyalty.


"Ya talk about chickensh--!"

But there is always good news; next week, the Jonesies play the Giants in the Meadowlands.......

The FCC might think twice about letting that one be televised.Late update: Phillips fired today.

1 comment:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

The Packers won? Without Brett Favre? Thanks for letting me know! (I usually don't pay attention until the get to the Super Bowl -- which was originally invented to give the Packers one more game to win each year. I recall hearing that the last time they DID make it to the Super Bowl, Governor Tommy G. Thompson got so drunk he couldn't remember the name of the team. I wasn't there, that's just what I heard.