Translate


Saturday, November 13, 2010

Fousesquawk's Top Ten Spanish Songs

Sometime ago, I posted my all-time favorite (English) songs. For the last couple of decades, however, my passion has been music in Spanish. Here are my picks for the top ten Spanish-language songs.

Number 10- Como tu Mujer by the late Rocio Durcal (Spain)

 


Number 9- Voy a Perder la Cabeza por tu Amor by Jose Luis Rodriguez (Venezuela)




Number 8- Amor Eterno by Rocio Durcal (Spain)


Number 7- Celos by Jose Maria Napoleon (Mexico)

Number 6 -Si No Te Hubieras Ido by Marco Antonio Solis (Mexico)




Number 5 -El Destino by Juan Gabriel (Mexico) and Rocio Durcal (Spain)




Number 4- Y Como Es El by Jose Luis Perales (Spain)

Number 3- El Peor de mis Fracasos by Marco Antonio Solis (Mexico)



Number 2- Hey by Julio Iglesias (Spain)



Number 1- by whomever does it- La Paloma. Traditional song that has been around forever.  As a bonus treat, here it is in French by Mireille Matthieu (France)-La Paloma Adieu




A mi esposa con amor

7 comments:

Lance Christian Johnson said...

Where's "Tequila" by The Champs? I demand a recount.

Gary Fouse said...

I'm drinking it as we speak.

Gary Fouse said...

PS: Challenge record label.

Anonymous said...

Okay one cannot argue about taste, but I wonder if you have ever listen to "No Puede Ser" or "Granada" or "La Paloma" by Placido Domingo. Do you ever listen to Rolando Villazon sing Mexican songs? The Mireille Matthieu recording is 30 years old, where have you been?
Go to youtube and get with it.

Gary Fouse said...

Anonymous,

The Matthieu version is more than 30 years old. She also sang it in German, which I believe was a hit when I was in Germany in the Army.

I guess I have heard Domingo sing Grenada. Of course he is great and all that but those are my favorites.

Not familiar with Villazon.

Why the Hell am I explaining my self for my favorite songs???

Ingrid said...

It's me, Ingrid you are explaining yourself to. I am having a problem signing in with my name.
You don't know Villazon?? Gary, you are living in the past. Of course you don't have to explain, I am just trying to widen your horizon when it comes to Spanish or Mexican music, because I also love it very much, though I don't understand it like you do.

Ingrid said...

Now it worked. I did something with google last weekend and being the computer expert had to figure out just what I had done wrong.