Translate


Sunday, August 29, 2010

Who is Sharif El Gamal?


Sharif El Gamal


While a lot of attention has been paid lately to Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, there is another figure involved in the New York mosque controversy who is raising some eyebrows. He is Sharif El Gamal, a waiter-turned- multi-millionaire real estate developer, who has purchased the property for the proposed mosque.

El Gamal was the guy you saw (if you watch Fox News) running from a Fox reporter and camera crew this week as they tried to ask him about the mosque funding.

According to this article in the New York Daily News, El Gamal has a rather checkered history in New York.


http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/08/28/2010-08-28_park51_developer_sharif_elgamal_has_a_history_of_runins_with_the_law.html#ixzz0xv3X1izk

Aside from the obvious question of how this man went from rags to riches so fast, he is yet another one who doesn't want to talk about the funding for this proposed Islamic cultural center/mosque.

But if you are one of those who refuse to watch Fox News because it is so "biased", you probably never even heard of El Gamal.

Have you?

5 comments:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

I also don't watch CBS News. I didn't bother to get a converter box for ny $15 TV that I picked up at a rummage sale on 25th Street in 2005.

I get my news from Fousesquawk, TIME magazine, and the Economist, plus occasional peaks at the NY Times web site.

Let me know when you know something about him, rather than that you have a list of question about him.

Gary Fouse said...

I assure you, Siarlys, they are rhetorical questions.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

So I inferred.

Gary Fouse said...

I sure would hate to see you on a jury.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

What if the defendant were innocent?