Translate


Saturday, April 24, 2010

Raise Whose Taxes?

(Hat tip to Hot Air)

The scene is the Illinois State Capitol on April 21, 2010. The SEIU union bully boys (and gals) held a rally to demand a tax increase. In the below video, note how the screaming woman chants, "Raise my taxes, raise my taxes" and the automotons chant in unison. If you listen carefully to one of the attendees, however, she makes it clear that what they are talking about is raising the taxes on others to pay for something for them.




The crowd estimate was about 15,000 (mostly state workers, union thugs and other assorted dead-beats).

"That's a big f----- deal."


Here are some photos.


Secretary of State and former native Illinoisan Hillary Clinton, en route to her latest diplomatic fiasco, did a flyover to show her support for higher taxes.




"Raise my taxes! Raise my taxes!"



The brothers in the UK sent their "message of solidarity".

"Raise my taxes! Raise my taxes!"


Even little Georgie Galloway (British MP believe it or not) led a Viva Palestina convoy from Gaza to Illinois to help out the folks.





Well, a wonderful time was had by all, as you can plainly see.


I would hope that the lawmakers and tax-payers of Illinois would look to the California model, where overly generous salaries, benefits and retirements to state union workers has bankrupted the state.

No comments: