Translate


Friday, March 26, 2010

Ann Coulter in Calgary

Ann Coulter is living proof that the secret to success is not trying to get everybody to love you; it's getting half the people to love you and half the people to hate you. Just ask Rush Limbaugh. Before this week, most people in Canada had never heard of Ann Coulter.

They sure have now.

Last night Ann took her show to the more conservative town of Calgary, where she received a warmer welcome than she had in Ottawa. Still, there were several dozen protesters, who made the usual noise, pounded on the doors and broke a window.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Coulter+speech+Calgary+stopped+protest/2726930/story.html

Unlike Ottawa, where the local university caved in to the fascists and allowed them to shut down the event, Coulter was able to give her speech to the audience who had paid to hear it. Free speech triumphed in Calgary.

7 comments:

Lance Christian Johnson said...

Unlike Ottawa, where the local university caved in to the fascists and allowed them to shut down the event, Coulter was able to give her speech to the audience who had paid to hear it. Free speech triumphed in Calgary.

Ummm...that's not what happened.

Gary Fouse said...

Lance,


Ummm...what did happen? Did I misspeak?

Lance Christian Johnson said...

Okay, I'm confusing my Canadian universities. My mistake. I don't take anything back that I said about her though. The woman is a classic case of somebody who's "projecting".

Gary Fouse said...

Lance,

Do you think it was right what happened at Ottawa University?

Ingrid said...

Gary, I think you have some fantasies about Ann Coulter. If she weren't an attractive blond, people would not be so forgiving. She is the coldest bitch on earth, her humor is not funny, and I wish one like her on any man who admires her, she'd put you in your place in no time and you'd be searching for your balls somewhere in the neighborhood.

Gary Fouse said...

Ingrid,

What Ann's critics don't get is that she is deliberately push buttons and being provocative. She is laughing at her critics all the way to the bank, and they play right into her hands.

I also find it ironic that those who hate her never utter a peep when her speaking engagements are shut down or when people rush the stage and throw pies at her. I guess that's ok because her speech is so offensive.

You are probably right about your supposition that if I were her husband, but the truth is she is way too skinny for my tastes.

Lance Christian Johnson said...

Looks like my comment didn't make it through. Let me try and remember the gist of it:

I don't condone the things that were clearly over-the-line like breaking the window. (I have no problem with the peaceful protesters.) However, I do not feel an ounce of pity for that woman. The hate that she spreads is coming back to her. The chickens are just coming home to roost.

And with her little comment about the flying carpet, and her complete missing of the point when she tried to explain herself, shows that she is a racist. To deny that is to deny simple reality.