Translate


Friday, October 16, 2009

The "Balloon Boy"- Why Did I Think This Was Colorado?

I must confess I am still catching up with this "balloon boy" story. I always seem to catch the tail end of the news reports. First I heard about this kid who might be stuck in a hot air balloon-then he wasn't in the balloon-then he was hiding in the attic of his garage, then his family (the Heenes) was on a reality TV show called "Wife Swap", then it might be a PR stunt and then, the cops think the parents body language seemed to tell them it was sincere.......

All the time, I keep missing where this happened, but I kept thinking for some strange reason it was in Colorado. However, I neglected to go to the Internet to get the details since I have been too busy following serious news.

Why did I think it was in Colorado? Was it my sub conscious that told me it had to be in Colorado-you know, the state where no crime goes solved, the state where law enforcement always comes out looking like the Keystone Cops.

"Their body language seems sincere."

Coming home from work today, I learned that the father of this kid was making the rounds of the news shows including Today and.......Larry King on Life Support (with the hapless Wolf Blitzer as host because Larry was on life support).

Then I heard the clip tonight of Blitzer asking Mr Heene to ask his son, Falcon...

FALCON!!

....why he didn't come out of the attic when his father called his name.


"For the show".

HELLO!!!!!

Hey Wolf, it's time for a follow-up question!

Of course, Blitzer couldn't ask someone the time of day without screwing it up. Memo to CNN (that REAL NEWS STATION, according to White House Communications Director Anita Dunn)-don't give interview assignments to Wolf Blitzer.

Finally, I learn that my intuition is faultless-this all happened in Colorado! So all the REAL news shows on CNN and CBS and NBC and ABC are all looking like the doofs they are.

No comments: