Translate


Friday, June 19, 2009

Senator John Ensign


Look familiar?


I regularly get emails from Michael Steele, the RNC Chairman, at least from his website. Addressing me as "Dear Gary", they alert me to the latest Democratic skulduggery or outrage. Of course, the message always ends with an appeal for money.

I don't know how I got on the mailing list since I am not a Republican. At any rate, I never send money.

I am reminded why every time a scandal comes along like Larry Craig, Mark Foley and now, Senator John Ensign (R-NV). This is partly why the Republican Party fell out of power-because of people like Ensign, who have used their positions of power to feather their own nests- in Ensign's case, perhaps not financially, but certainly to spice up his sex life.

Does this mean that senators are more prone to play around than the rest of us normal folks? I don't know, but certainly, their power leads to increased opportunities. At any rate, once again, those who have placed their hopes in a Republican Party that would stand for certain principles and policies, have to witness another hypocrite who poses in front of the cameras with his family and poses with the troops, etc. etc, who was just using his office for his own benefit-not to mention helping the husband of his mistress get jobs.

So, Mr Steele, as much as I respect you, I must say that I will not be joining the Republican Party or donating any money until this kind of mess is cleaned up. (You can start by calling for Ensign's resignation.) I continue to believe that the Democratic Party is much worse-and yes, much more corrupt, but the likes of John Ensign need to disappear-even at the cost of another Republican seat in the Senate.

No comments: