Translate


Monday, July 21, 2008

More Innocent Victims to Sanctuary Cities-San Francisco

In the wake of the murder of Jamiel Shaw Jr in Los Angeles, allegedly by an illegal alien gang member, now comes this outrageous news out of San Francisco.

On June 22, a family of three; Tony Bologna (48) and his sons, Michael (20) and Matthew(16)were gunned down in cold blood as they drove home from a bar-b-que. The reason? Their car had momentarily gotten in the way of another car making a left-hand turn. The accused murderer? An illegal alien by the name of Edwin Ramos (21) a native of El Salvador and member of the notorious Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) gang, arguably the most violent and vicious in the nation.

Ramos entered the country illegally with his family when he was 13. In the past 8 years, he has had several run-ins with the law including two juvenile felony convictions. On one occasion, he was busted for his part in a gang assault on a bus. He has also been arrested for the attempted robbery of a pregnant woman.

As Ramos went through the juvenile justice sysyem, he was never turned over to ICE.

Recently, it was disclosed that San Francisco, which proclaims itself a sanctuary city and has spent tens of thousands of dollars to advertise that fact, was shipping juvenile illegal alien offenders out of the city to holding homes-from which they usually escaped-rather than turn them over to ICE.

Bologna's widow, Danielle, is tearfully begging the DA's Office to seek the death penalty for Ramos, which is not likely since DA Kamala Harris has publicly vowed never to seek the death penalty for anyone.

So this is San Francisco, under left-wing mayor Gavin Newsom (D), a city that welcomes illegal aliens, but wants no military presence-no recruiters, no Naval ships-nothing. Now the two major cities of California, LA, under Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and San Francisco, under Gavin Newsom, are trying to outdo each other in protecting illegal alien gang members who are murdering their own citizens.

And guess who the two leading candidates are to be the next Governor of California? Gavin Newsom and Antonio Villaraigosa.

7 comments:

Ingrid said...

Gary, I followed that horrible crime story after it happened and my heart went out to the family of the three men. I agree with you totally on that one. The Mayor of SanFrancisco is useless, to say the least, I think he is a spoiled, arrogant brat and totally contemptible and I don't understand the City that I love so much anymore.

Gary Fouse said...

He is just one of several who run that city. Unfortunately, he may be the next gov of Calif.

Lance Christian Johnson said...

I really don't understand this whole "sanctuary city" thing. I did some reading on it, and yeah, you're right, that is what they're declaring it to be (even though the term has no official legal standing).

I'm just curious as to what the rationalization is for this. I don't believe that they're doing it out of some sort of misplaced altruism. Somebody must be benefitting from this (somebody in power, that is). I just don't know how they possibly could be benefitting from it.

Or am I just being cynical?

Gary Fouse said...

Lance, I strongly suggest you do some reearch on it. LA, SF and several other cities will not cooperate with federal authorities when it comes to illegal alians in their communities-even if they are known criminals, gang members or people under arrest. I can only conclude that it is an ideological thing. These cities go out of their way to protect illegal alisn criminals.

I have written extensively about the Jamiel Shaw case in LA. Pls check out my postings.

Look, as one who who married to a legal Mexican immigrant, I understand why simple, poor uneducated people need to come here to find work. I get it. But when it comes to criminals, don't you think we should draw the line?

Lance Christian Johnson said...

Hey Gary, I'm with you on this one. I was just throwing out some things that this whole thing makes me wonder about. You may very well be right and it could be simply idealogical. I just wonder if there's something more sinister going on. Like I said, maybe I'm just being cynical.

And I've been reading your posts about Jamiel Shaw.

Gary Fouse said...

Lance,

It all comes down to my last paragraph on my response to you. I can understand the compassion extended to those who come here out of of desperation to find work. But when our elected officials are protecting the criminal element, there is no excuse. Jamiel Shaw is dead, and his family cries out for justice. The Bolognas are dead and the mother cries out for justice. Our elected officials don't care.

Just consider, the next governor of California will probably be Antonio Villaraigosa or Gavin Newsome.

Don't leave it to conservative bloggers like me to spread the word. Spread it yourself among your liberal-moderate readers.

Gary Fouse said...

Lance,

It all comes down to my last paragraph on my response to you. I can understand the compassion extended to those who come here out of of desperation to find work. But when our elected officials are protecting the criminal element, there is no excuse. Jamiel Shaw is dead, and his family cries out for justice. The Bolognas are dead and the mother cries out for justice. Our elected officials don't care.

Just consider, the next governor of California will probably be Antonio Villaraigosa or Gavin Newsome.

Don't leave it to conservative bloggers like me to spread the word. Spread it yourself among your liberal-moderate readers.