Translate


Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Old Gas Station In Georgia


Back around the early 1970s, an unknown and troubled gas station owner in Plains, Georgia named Billy Carter had a brainstorm.

Breathlessly, he ran up to his mother, named Miss Lil, and broke the news.

"Mama, I just decided what I'm gonna to do with my life!", he exclaimed.

Miss Lil broke out in a big smile and said, "Finally, Billy. What is it?"

"I'm gonna become President of the United States!!", Billy replied.

Slowly, the smile vanished from Miss Lil's face. She thought for a long moment, then said:

"I don't think that's gonna work, Billy."

"Why not, Mama, why not? " Billy asked in an agitated voice.

"Cause if you become President of the United States", replied Miss Lil, "who's gonna run the gas station. You know Jimmy can't."

(No, that's not my joke. I heard it when Carter was president.)

No comments: