Translate


Monday, December 10, 2007

Who Will Best Protect Us?


"Shall we have a straw house, wood house or brick house?"


With the primary season upon us, both major parties are now starting to make choices as to who will be the presidential nominee. There are many issues to consider, and different people have different opinions as to which issues are the most important. In my view, the two major issues facing America today are terrorism and illegal immigration. So to me, in choosing the best candidate (and party for that matter)I want to know who will do the best job in securing our borders and protecting the American people from future acts of terror. I already know which party will not do either of the above-the Democrats. Therefore, my choice (as an independent) is which Republican will fill the bill. I have yet to settle on one final candidate. I know there are many people out there who believe in open borders, sanctuary and amnesty for illegal aliens, as well as a diplomatic approach to the terrorism problem. I strongly disagree with those opinions.

I have chosen the fairy tale of the Three Little Pigs to make my point. Is it simplistic? Sure it is, but often, truth is simple. The question I raise for all Americans is this: If you think we live in a dangerous world, where would you prefer to live-in a straw house, wood house or brick house? If you think we should be able to control who comes into our country, where would you prefer to live-in a straw house, wood house or brick house? If you think we could experience another 9-11, which house is preferred- straw house, wood house or brick house?

Now if you are one who believes in open borders and a cessation of our War on Terror-involving our military, then in my view, a straw house is ok for you. Not for me.

In this world we live in today, I feel we need a brick house. The only question for me in this election is- who will build the brick house?

No comments: