Translate


Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Connecticut College Brown Shirts in Action

Hat tip Breitbart




This report out of Connecticut College is very troubling. It concerns Professor of Philosophy Andrew Pessin, who is under attack on campus because he referred to the Gazan leadership during last year's fighting as a "rabid pit bull" on his private Facebook page. That was when the brown shirts of the campus pro-Palestinian movement got involved.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/04/07/professor-takes-medical-leave-after-pro-israel-facebook-post-leads-to-vicious-hate-mail-campaign/

This is outrageous. For the record, I think the term "rabid pit bull" is appropriate when referring to Hamas. Frankly, I am perplexed because I regularly say worse things about Hamas and Israel's enemies on this site, and that includes the pro-Palestinian forces on college campuses.  I guess the only reason nobody has started a similar campaign against me at UC Irvine is that they know I don't care. I am a part-timer doing a retirement gig just to get out of the house and earn a little beer money. They would never stress me out.

But what needs to be pointed out is that this professor deserves the support of Connecticut College. If students want to make an issue of Pessin calling Hamas "rabid pit bulls", maybe they should go study at another university. That is the message the administration should send. That they have not done so is shameful.


No comments: