Translate

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Italian Train Taken Over by North African Gang of Youths

Hat tip Vlad Tepes, Egri Nok and Gates of Vienna


It seems there is no limit to what the Europeans are willing to put up with at the hands of migrants from the Middle East and North Africa.

In the below news report, about 60 young men of North African origin boarded a train at the French-Italian coastal border at Ventimiglia. At that point, passengers were subjected to 5 hours of terror. Here is a translation of the below Italian news report from La Stampa.



http://www.lastampa.it/2017/04/18/cronaca/cinque-ore-sul-treno-in-balia-di-una-gang-ibIcmhBME0hTFqcxhNlFFI/pagina.html


Five hours on a train at the mercy of gang
Passengers hostage to 60 youths. Aggression and torn seats. Nobody makes them get off

Caption beneath photo


The nightmare returns on the seaside routes. In ten days already there six Magrebians (North Africans) accused of robberies by the Carabinieri.


"It was a traumatic  trip. The train is always used for a trip to the sea, but I  never have experienced such a spectacle." Simona, a student from Turin was among the 300 passengers who had the misfortune to travel on the regional (train) Sunday from Ventimiglia to Turin. She boarded at Laigueglia at 4:20 in the afternoon and saw the lights of the station at Porta Nuova when it was already past nine. But it wasn't the almost five hours of the trip that astounded her. Rather it was what happened inside and outside the (train) cars.

Caption to video:

Thugs on the seaside train Ventimiglia-Turin.. Here is the video of the police in chase.

  


The Testimony


"The nightmare began when we arrived at Finale. Here a group of youths boarded. There were so many, I think North African, I think all minors. With them were Italian girls. They were drunk. They continued to move among the compartments. They hid in the bathrooms, I imagine to not be seen by the conductor. The situation degenerated  when one of the youths began to shout: One of the Magrebians was choking ( a girl) by the neck. " A joke", he said in defense, but a couple of pensioners asked for the intervention of the train conductor. "We stopped at the Cengio station," recounted Simona. There there were Carabinieri and they had the group get off. Ambulances arrived. Three girls were treated, they were about 14 years old. I saw the military, who were trying to get in contact with the parents by telephone.

Almost one and a half hours passed and the regional (train) departed. But the 60 Maghrebians also were on board. " At the end they didn't even make them pay a fine. And they spent the rest of the trip harassing all of the other passengers. They said, "You see? They can't do anything to us." Prior to arriving in Turin, their rage  was taken out on the seats of a compartment, torn with knives, and in the bathrooms rendered completely unusable. Once at Porta Nuova, there was a general panic. " I got off and left the station among cordons of police. But I saw with my  yes a bunch of those boys who escaped running in the middle of the tracks. In sum, I believe that the major part of them, after all they had done, had gotten away."

The Investigations





Simona seems to be correct: At least for now, awaiting the report of the train conductor, the rail police have been able to identify a pair of foreigners, who remain free. In the meantime, Rfi confirms the damage found on the regional (train). And Sunday night the entire traffic at Porta Nuova was interrupted for about 20 minutes.

The issue of the regional (trains) that each day connect Turin and Cuneo had already burst two years ago when the unions put it on the list of the 15 most dangerous in Italy. Criticized by other denunciations by the same controllers, they were left alone to regulate life on board after the cuts imposed in the summer of 2014. Thus, the routes were watched by the POLFER patrols  (railway police) for months. But the chronicle of acts of vandalism and assaults is recent. Just last April 6 on the Intercity Turin-Savona a 40-year-old man was surrounded and beaten. Trying to save his wallet and telephone he suffered a broken nose and cranial trauma: He had to spend the night in a hospital. The attackers, three Moroccans of about 20 years in age were traced by the Carabinieri to Fossano: It resulted in a (criminal) complaint. Another episode in the afternoon of the following day, at Savigliano. Another three Maghrebians were seated next to a 25-year-old student (female). They bothered her, distracted her and escaped with her purse. The Carabinieri fought with them in the station. Two of them are minors.

1 comment:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Criticized by other denunciations by the same controllers, they were left alone to regulate life on board after the cuts imposed in the summer of 2014.

Doing things right costs money. Cut taxes, cut security.