Translate


Thursday, March 10, 2016

Gulen Charter Schools Come Under Scrutiny in Orange County

Hat tip David


I am not an expert on charter schools, but I do know something about the Gulen schools. This week, I was offered an invitation to the screening of a film called," Killing Ed", which focuses on the schools operated by a rather shadowy guy from Turkey named Fethullah Gulen. I was unable to attend, but the screening resulted in an article in today's Orange County Register.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/schools-707539-magnolia-school.html

Gulen, who resides in Pennsylvania in a mansion, is an opponent of the Turkish regime of Recep Tayyip Erdogan. He is alternately described as an Islamist or a "bridge builder", and  is also the head of the Pacifica Institute, which hosted an event last January in Irvine, which I attended.

http://garyfouse.blogspot.com/2015/01/pacifica-institute-in-irvine-hosts.html

If I get more details on the screening from someone who attended, I will post them. Gulen schools or Magnolia schools; they bear watching.

No comments: