Translate


Saturday, September 5, 2015

Interview of UC Irvine Student Who Tried to Remove US Flag From Campus




Earlier this year, UC Irvine drew national attention when the student government (temporarily) removed the US flag from its working space because they felt it made certain foreign students feel "uncomfortable". After the outrage that ensued, the flag was restored.

In the below link, political satirist Ami Horowitz interviews the student behind the attempt to remove the flag, Matthew Guevara. I came across the video quite by accident when it showed up on my computer. I had not been aware the interview existed. It is clear that Guevara has no idea that Horowitz (a satirist and no wild-eyed leftist) is leading him down the primrose path as he (Guevara) makes several disparaging comments about America.

Since I am a  part-time teacher at UC Irvine, it is my personal policy not to videotape students or use their names no matter how much I might disagree with them. I am making an exception here because this is already out there and has been picked up by Fox News. Thus, it is already in the realm of public knowledge. Otherwise, I will make no comment and let the video speak for itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9m6qY2yFGY

No comments: